- Reduce carbon emissions as products are shipped directly from local suppliers.
- Champion local SMEs so profits support local livelihoods and communities.
- Promote eco-friendly products and reduce greenwashing via clear labelling & credentials.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Design and distribute marketing materials (incl. blog posts, marketing content, newsletters and flyers)
- Improve customer journey through webpage and communications design
- Generate and handle external relationships with eco-friendly product brands to help build our product range
- Engage with potential buyers to build customer base and generate sales
- Manage customer relationships - including engaging customer community, responding to enquiries and gathering feedback and insights to improve user experience
- Carry out operational and strategic tasks when required
- We have the flexibility to enhance certain elements of the role that may be of more interest or suited to you. We will support you in building your skills and network.
- Part time role of 25 hours a week with flexibility on the days/hours you want to work
- Salary: London Living Wage £10.85/hour
- Location: Co-working space in Farringdon, with flexibility to work remotely unless needed for onboarding or in-person activities (e.g. client meetings)
- We can support you by providing office equipment such as a laptop if required.
- Must be 16-24 years old and claiming universal credit (to be eligible for the Kickstart scheme)
- Passionate about environmental issues and helping small businesses become more sustainable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with people with diverse needs and backgrounds
- Communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Tech-savvy and easily able to pick up new technologies
- You can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Team-working skills and the ability to multitask
- Able to work and think independently and creatively to solve problems
- Willing to take responsibility and be accountable
- Experience in sales or in a client or customer-facing role
- Experience in marketing and promotional activities that use digital, social media, and other channels
- Experience working with/for a small business
- Knowledge of sustainability
- Be part of a social enterprise on a mission to build a more sustainable future
- Take on a pivotal role in growing our business
- Gain skills and experience across a variety of areas
- The chance to work with with a seasoned, driven, collaborative professional
- Build relationships with a wide range of people from sustainable businesses and social enterprises
- Get mentored from the founder who has a range of experience in consulting and has taught/coached entrepreneurs at Hatch and The Entrepreneurial Refugee Network (TERN). She will work with you to create a personal development plan and help you build new skills to prepare you for your next role
- A cover letter (about 300 words) to say why you are interested in working at Sourcery and why you would be a good fit for this role
- Your CV or an overview of your experience in a format that suits you (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Write a short note (about 150 words) about an independent sustainable product that you like, why is it great and who would be a good target customer for it (e.g. grocery store, cafe, office)?
If you are successful in this round, you will be invited to have a chat to about you, how you fit the role role and how we can make sure you gain the experience you want during the 6 month placement.
If you have any questions, Please send us an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible 😊